Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Let me take you on a trip around the world and back

Last night I attended my third Depeche Mode concert in twelve years. That's right, they come around every four years, like clockwork, except that one year when they came back several months after I saw them, on the day that I was graduating from college, and I wasn't allowed to go to the concert since my parents thought it was important for me to graduate from college and all. Rats. Side note: Paul Sarbanes, of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act for all of you accounting nerds, spoke at my graduation about something Benjamin Franklin something, something. In case you were wondering what I would have missed had I gone to the concert instead.

So last night we packed ourselves into the Accord and drove to bumblefrick Virginia. My brother, sister-in-law, and Papa T. That's right, I was on a date with my dad. HOT.



And also literally, it was a very hot outside.

Papa T brought binoculars and lamented the fact that he did not have his Nikon D90 and a big lens with him because that definitely would not have been at all burdensome. In between losing my voice from all of the WOOOing & SINGING and dancing up a storm in my one square foot of sweaty dance floor, I took some extra blurry photos and videos.

This here is a fairly accurate representation of our view. But probably a little zoomed in. If my memory serves me correctly, I bought these tickets online pretty much the minute they were released to the public.



One of the screens was just to the right. Here I captured Martin, my lover brother from another mother.



I also shot some shitty video snippets. In your room your burning eyes cause flames to arise.



Are you clapping for an encore? I leave you with the more upbeat Enjoy the Silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment