Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hand gestures

I did not go to class tonight as a reward for an unexpectedly stressful day. Which started with my commute to work in the morning.

Less than a mile away from the office, a stupid woman hit my car with hers. We were stopped at a light, me behind her. Her car starts rolling backwards -- she must have have been a Stick Shiftie as we were on a No Hills Road. Her car gets dangerously close to mine so I honk. She hits me regardless.

My first instinct is to scream WHAT THE FUUUUCK!!! Which I promptly do. She starts to wildly gesture with her hands and make faces at me, first in her side view mirror, then in her rear-view. At first I am clueless, then I begin to understand.

Hand Gestures says, "Do you want to pull over?"

Now, in our own special hand gestures language I say, "No, I don't want to pull three lanes over. My front bumper is probably fine. Besides, I have plenty of silver touch-up paint from the other two one time I dinged this car."

Then she says, "I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention! That was really stupid."

And I say "Don't worry about it, Hand Gestures." And then I pass her and speed away. No harm done.

The rest of the day, it felt like everyone I have ever worked with at the office decided that today was the day to talk to me about starting that project or working on that other project, or completing that 20th project. When I flipped them the bird, in that special hand gestures language of mine, some of them did not understand.

Just kidding, I would never.

So, I am home early, and that means Biggest Loser. If you are anything like me, you get very emotional when you watch it. You are also secretly in love with Bob the trainer, who you think has a very real chance of being gay but you're OK with that, and when you purchase his Biggest Loser Weight-Loss Yoga video and fail miserably at completing Beginner Part I, well, you vow to give it another shot in a couple of days and maybe not go "full out" for the warm-up next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment