Sunday, March 25, 2012

roquefort and pecan cheese log

Last Sunday we cooked from Lisa Fain's Homesick Texan for cookbook club (also in book form). I was either distracted by my salivating at what everyone else brought or my anxiety about my pulled pork working out and completely forgot to take any photos. For Sunday dinner this week, I made some more recipes from the book and documented the results.

Behold the Roquefort and Pecan Cheese Log.




















I'm not big on blue cheese so this log was too stinky for me, but P likes blue cheese and loved this cheese course.

Lisa Fain's ROQUEFORT AND PECAN CHEESE LOG

8 ounces cream cheese
3 ounces Roquefort cheese (or any other soft and creamy blue cheese)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 cup crushed pecans
Crackers, for serving

1. Mix the cream cheese, Roquefort cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and cayenne until well blended. Roll into a long tube shape and then roll in crushed pecans.

2. Refrigerate until firm, about an hour. Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment