Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Gentle Arts

Despite the fact that my bookshelf has overflowed twice over and I buy books faster than I can read them, I went against better judgment today and bought another treasure. This one is called The Gentle Art of Domesticity.

Now we all know that I have the domestic instincts of a pig wearing lipstick (ha ha I kid, I kid, topical humor) but you try flipping through this book and not wanting to make it your own. The illustrations, and especially the photographs are gorgeous.





I am foreseeing being inspired to make my own quilt, wrapping myself in it, and arranging flowers as I wait for the muffins to finish baking.

Oh, and the lady who wrote the book also has a fun blog called yarnstorm.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh. I can't wait to have children so I can have justification to quit my job and bake muffins all day.

    ReplyDelete