Wednesday, February 11, 2009

4. "It's not like I'm talking Italian"

Song: Can't Say What I Mean by Kaiser Chiefs

As a kid I dreamed about becoming an actress so that I could portray Russian characters with a proper Russian accent. An American actor (usually playing the bad guy of course) with a caricature of a Russian accent makes me cringe and hardens my already cold, cold heart. I already think that the Russian accent is deeply unattractive, all harsh and abrasive, and when left in the hands of amateurs, all I can do is hope to restrain myself from running at the movie screen/television to tear at it with my nails. You really have to approach it with the right mix of hard consonants and grammar mistakes and that only comes after years upon years of practice, living in Papa T's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment