Saturday, February 21, 2009

To continue our breakfast discussion

I kept hearing good things about polenta this past week and decided that this Saturday would be my polenta breakfast experiment. So this morning I woke up and headed straight for the farmer's market to pick up some European-style butter to mix in, because frankly, the Europeans know how to make good butter. As I paid for and packed away my tub of butter goodness, I inadvertently made eye contact with the chanterelle mushrooms sitting at The Mushroom Stand. Twelve dollars and a little brown bag with some chanterelle mushrooms on the bottom later, I was making my breakfast -- polenta whisked with Parmesan cheese, butter, salt, and pepper, topped with chanterelle mushrooms sauteed in butter with shallots. This was most definitely the most delicious breakfast that I have had in a while, and I am not apologizing for it!

3 comments: