Sunday, March 15, 2009

The gospel of I Don't Know



Religion is one of those topics that you aren't supposed to question people about. They have faith, they believe. Pointing out the faultiness of their logic, if they are even using any logic, is improper and taboo, off-limits even. Bill Maher's "Religulous" does just that. The film isn't so much a documentary as it is a comedy. It has the feel of a Borat montage, only Bill Maher plays himself and asks truly poignant questions. I thought that it was a worthwhile film and plan to follow it up with a reading of The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, which is a more serious look at the issue. Doubt isn't a bad thing, people. According to the gospel of I Don't Know.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the god delusion. I'm not entirely sure I could sit through this movie, but if it's funny, maybe i should try it.

    ReplyDelete