Saturday, April 12, 2008

Arlington Farmer's Market

The Arlington farmer's market at Courthouse is back! Or rather, I am back to being its customer.

Walking in, I made a beeline for the scones only to find that they were already sold out (at 10 am) so I had to settle for a loaf of the Country White bread, which is only the best bread EVER. I bought my entire breakfast from the market. Very rustic. Very delicious:

Country White Bread
European-style butter - Basically butter cannot get any more delicious.
Applewood Smoked Mozzarella - This was a slight mistake on my part. I usually get their regular mozzarella and it's phenomenal. Thinking "smoked" can only make the cheese better, like with Gouda, I went after the smoked mozzarella but found that I do not enjoy it as much.
Fuji apple - who knows where the crazy farmers are getting apples in April, but who am I to complain.

And of course Saturday morning rustic breakfast is not complete without a homemade latte with Starbucks Espresso Rigalo.

The Summer of George has officially begun.

P.S. If you have not already, read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver. It will make you want to go to farmer's markets every day if not grow all your own fruits and vegetables and make your own cheese.

1 comment:

  1. I mostly want the summer to come so I can play Barbara Kingsolver and can fresh fruits and veggies. Maybe this should be a group activity?

    ReplyDelete