Monday, April 14, 2008

BEERS

Deep thought of the day: The mundane chore of cleaning up one's room is greatly enhanced by a glass of Spaten beer. In addition, this beer is an excellent warm-up for tomorrow's ACCOUNTANTS GONE WILD festivities.

On a recent trip to Total Wine we checked out their beer selection, which in my opinion is extensive, although I am for sure not the beer connoisseur of America. What is extra awesome is that they sell individual bottles of beer, and you can create your own mix and match six-pack. This is one of those ideas I wish I had come up with first. If you are like me and cannot commit to an entire six-pack of wheat ginger ale blueberry hops beer or the like, but are curious to try it, well Total Wine gives you the opportunity to be the cautious daredevil that you are. Here is the Katya original six-pack:

1. Peroni (Italy) - I specifically remember drinking this beer in London with my dad at Covent Garden before we went to see Rigoletto at the Royal Opera House.

2. Spaten (Germany) - Used to order this at Dr. Dremo's before it closed. Sad.

3. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Ale - Kelli pick. I was intrigued but now I am anxious.

4. Pilsner Urquell (Czech) - Mike pick. Assuming that the Czechs have good beer.

5. Pacifico (Mexico) - Kind of like a Corona? I have a lime ready to go.

6. Quilmes (Argentina) - High hopes for this one too.

Between Katya's original six-pack and Mike's original six-pack, our fridge might as well be the local Brickskeller/RFD on the block. And that's the way we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment