Friday, November 27, 2009

I bought a brick today

This Black Friday, I sat at home in my big girl sweatpants and did something good. But for very selfish reasons. Instead of doing any shopping, I donated $450 to the University of Maryland. This donation essentially purchased me a brick. But not any brick. A brick that will be engraved with my name and installed somewhere in the alumni center plaza level or gardens. My very own Hollywood star. Of sorts.

As I am close to giving up hope that the business school or the business school building will ever carry my name -- they have already been claimed by R.H. Smith and Leo Van Munching, Jr., respectively, oh and I don't happen to have millions of dollars lying around -- I bought myself a brick, and that one little brick will have to carry my name. Instead of the Katya T. School of Business or the Katya T. Hall, I'll at least have the Katya T. brick to point to.

It should be engraved and installed by Maryland Day in April. I can't wait to go see it. Take pictures with it. Sign autographs. Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment