Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twilight

Twilight
by Stephenie Mayer

To see what all of the hype is about and of course to be in style, I picked up the first book of the Twilight saga and read it over the course of two days. It is a book about typical teenage girl woes. Does he like me? Does he not like me? Oh wait, he's a VAMPIRE. I definitely found myself lost in the story. Especially in passages such as these:

"About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him -- and I didn't know how potent that part might be -- that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."

and

"I don't want to be a monster."

For much of the book I felt like I was eating cheese balls. But actually they were Cheetos. A delicious guilty pleasure.

4 out of 5

Oh and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

  1. sigh. dreamy. I'm re-reading the first book now.

    i've been dreaming about twilight. for real.

    i'm pathetic

    ReplyDelete
  2. at eason bookstore they had a buy 3 books for the price of 2 deal for the twilight series. my parents are nervous about how many books i am going to be asking them to bring back in their suitcases.

    did you dream you had a hot vampire boyfriend who is suspiciously very chaste?

    ReplyDelete