Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A year of books...well, ten and a half months of books

Today I pored over Amazon's Best Books of 2008 lists. This activity was both enjoyable and highly stressful, as my TO-READ list has grown to such gargantuan proportions that I am likely break out into hives the next time I look at it. The book that seems to be the most popular at the moment in the blogging community is 2666 by Roberto Bolano. It's everywhere! The novel was published posthumously in Spanish in 2004, and the English translation came out last week. It's on my list...somewhere.

What was your best book of 2008? I am picking The Forger's Spell -- it certainly transformed my appreciation for Vermeer into an obsession this year.

1 comment:

  1. My favorites that I read in 08 - not sure that they were necessarily published in 08 - are:

    Water for Elephants
    Middlesex
    The twilight series - I know they're for kids, but they're just so good (I have tickets to the movie tonight)
    The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

    ReplyDelete