Sunday, March 23, 2008

China Rose Petal Tea

To intensify my enjoyment of Sunday and delay thoughts of the inevitable Monday, I have made myself a pot of my favorite tea - China Rose Petal Tea by Taylors of Harrogate. I bought this tea awhile ago at Balducci's in Bethesda. I also just found it on amazon, although what does one do with a whole kilogram of tea, my goodness?



This is a loose leaf tea, which makes it extra fun. To make what I think is the proper cup of tea, boil water and first rinse the teapot with some of the hot water to warm up the teapot. Add to the pot a teaspoon of tea per person and one teaspoon for the pot, pour in the boiling water (I am hazy here on proper tea-water ratios and just play it by ear), and let steep for about 5 minutes. Pull up a scone with English clotted cream and preserves, and you might as well have died and gone to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment