Monday, March 10, 2008

On Beauty

Tonight I finished both that bottle of Zin and the novel I was reading, On Beauty by Zadie Smith. Great success!

If I had to describe the book with a string of disjointed nouns and phrases, I would list: race, friendship, family, infidelity, Rembrandt, university, beauty, art history, status, rap and hip hop, jealousy. Overall I have it 4 out of 5 stars on my goodreads page.

My next reading project is a non-fiction book Dana and I read about in the Times: Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely. This book looks at decision-making with an economics perspective. I hope it will be helpful in honing by decision-making skills, as we all know how much help I need with that.

I have also been reading Boom!: Voices of the Sixties Personal Reflections on the '60s and Today by Tom Brokaw since like December. It's actually interesting, I just can't get through it and want it to be over. :\

No comments:

Post a Comment