Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sobon Estate Zinfandel

One of my wine selections from Total Wine (see post below) was the Sobon Estate 2006 Amador County Zinfandel Hillside. This particular Zin was recommended at Total Wine, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon (also I was totally and completely overwhelmed, so when a sign said "Editor's Pick", I just grabbed and moved on, grabbed and moved on).

This wine is supposed to suggest hints of blackberries, cherries, and cocoa. I am not sure that my currently dulled palate can make any of those out. If I concentrate really hard, I may be getting some of the blackberry hint. It is light; much lighter than the Menage (see post below), so maybe white wine drinkers would be able to at least tolerate it. The wine is meant to be paired with roasts, steak, rich sauces, and aged, full flavored cheeses.

I award it bonus points for being made with organically grown grapes and having a screw top. Although, Mike and I collect corks and put them in a dish, so I love it when wine bottles have cool corks. I guess that means that I am undecided about the cork/screw top situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment