Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Total Wine

Today on our lunch break, Dana introduced me and Caroline to Total Wine in McLean. The store is probably the size of a small/medium Giant, but every single shelf is stocked with wine (there's also a beer section). I walked in and I couldn't stop saying "oh my god, oh my god", and when I stopped saying it out loud after a few minutes, I was still thinking it in my head. Later, as I had time to reflect, I told Dana that going there for me was the same as going to a bookstore and wanting to read every single book on the shelf or looking at supplies at Staples. Meaning, I can barely contain my glee and yearning.

My selections were a bottle of the Menage (see post below), a bottle of Zin, and a bottle of Pinot Noir. I also wanted a bottle of Rioja, but because of a horrible case of indecisiveness and limited time, decided to forgo the Rioja on this round.

Stay tuned for more posts as I try out my selection, or come over and we'll try them together.

Also, I am debating whether or not to let my parents in on the knowledge of this wine haven. They love to entertain and also drink wine with dinner often. These silly people will drive to the Leesburg Costco from Maryland for the wine. It's embarrassing to go with them because they'll cart boxes out of there. On the other hand, I get lectures on my alcohol consumption every other time we speak on the phone. Tough call!

No comments:

Post a Comment